8 Months and a bit, actually 9 months

What a slack mother I have been, no 8 month update from Josephine. I have a valid excuse I'm sure.....

Here are some pictures from the adorable Josephine at 8 & 9 months.



Over the last few months Josephine has become more steady at sitting and loves to stand holding onto my hands. She is still very much a mummy's girl and loves to cry to get attention. Sometimes she will say Bub Bub but as yet no Mumma or Dada. Since being able to sit she doesn't want to be on her tummy any more which is making learning to crawl difficult. Josephine will sit on her bottom and twist and move to get around, then roll and cry until one of us picks her up and puts her where she want to be, which is usually in my arms.

Josephine loves food, strawberries and blueberries are her favourites.

With the move of house and me travelling to Sydney for a weekend, Josephine decided that sleeping through the night was for smucks. I love my sleep so to be going back to waking 2 - 3 times a night by this little lady I was struggling. Now that the move is done and we only have a few boxes left to unpack I have cracked down and said to Josephine 'No More, this is a bad habit and it has to change'. The first night when she woke it took me 2 hrs of her crying to get her back to sleep, the next night was not so bad with 30 minutes, twice. But then on the third night all my plans hit the wall and it didn't work so well. In this time I have also had to change my medication, so on day 4 it was try a new plan. I have worked out if I keep her up until 8.30-9pm and then give her, her night time feed I get a wonderful sleep until at least 6am. So this is now the new plan and I will slowly bring this time closer to 7.30pm. By the time I do this I'm sure Josephine will find a new way to make sure she gets to stay awake longer. For now anyway I have kicked the middle of the night feeding to sleep and I feel like I won that little battle. Hooray for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josephine Adelaide Arrives

One Angel Prince

Sunny Days - The Arrival