Bears of Hope Ball 2012

In July between moving house and juggling kids I took a trip to Sydney for the Bears of Hope Ball. It is held each year and for the last three years I have had the pleasure of being on the Ball Committee. There is something to be said about giving back to a charity which has done so much for our family, they allowed us to connect with other people that had lost a child and knew the pain that we felt in the days and months after losing Riley. 
Although this year has been hard to assist as much as I would like to, I hope to never be thrown out of the Ball Committee or "Pretty Committee" as a fellow committee members husband had dubbed us all. What what a wonderful description.
All the images are from my iphone which I have found doesn't take the best pictures in a dark room.
Some of the Pretty Committee


It was great to have some friends come along for the night. It made me miss their crazy ways...'

The money that is raised each year at the Bears of Hope ball goes to funding the charity and providing new services to grieving parents and training medical staff. There are so many wonderful charities that are helping people and not enough time or money to go around for all of them. I'm proud that I'm able to give a little of my time to Bears of Hope to know that my loss of Riley may help even one other family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Angel Prince

Josephine Adelaide Arrives

Choosing Hope